Ice cream is a favorite frozen dessert that is usually made from milk, cream and combine some fruits, flavorings and sweeteners. It is available anywhere, you can buy it in any convenience store, grocery, ice cream cart or van and ice cream shops.
It is a fact that everybody loves ice cream; it is a favorite dessert of all ages. It is always present during Sunday lunch, snack time, birthdays and any other special occasion. It is better too if you can make your own ice cream at home using your own ice cream maker. You could even customize it according to your flavors, toppings and taste.
Making Ice Cream at Home
The way you make an ice cream differs from the machine to machine and cooling process varies. Some are easy to use and you could eat it right away after mixing while the other you need to freeze it before you can enjoy your ice cream. Some are messy and some are easy to clean. Some are bulky and some are not.
Different Varieties of Ice Cream Maker for Home Use
There are different ice cream makers that are available in the market. You can choose from manual, automatic, and electric.
- Compressor ice cream makers
- Frozen bowl ice cream makers
- Hand crank or motorized crank
- Ball ice cream makers
- Stand mixer ice cream
It is up to us which one we will choose, which brand that will fit our budget, needs and likes.
Advantage of owning an ice cream maker
The great advantage of having one is you can do it anytime you want at the comfort of your homes and you are not limited with choices, you can do whatever you like. It is also a great way to promote family bonding.
There is no better reward than the taste of homemade ice cream. Whether you are having a summer picnic, a party or you just want to serve something special to friends, it would be great to have a hand cranked ice cream. It brings back memories when you make an ice cream using a hand ice cream maker. It may be because of your childhood memories, the experience of taking turns of cranking the ice cream, or tasting the finished product.
What is hand ice cream maker?
The exact origin of this ice cream maker is unknown but on September 9, 1943, Nancy Johnson was the first one to patent for it. The patented product produced a smoother ice cream and made it quicker to do. It is shaped like a bucket and uses salt and ice for cooling. These machines work using a hand crank that needs to be continuously churned with the ingredients to make a homemade ice cream.
Benefits of having a hand ice cream maker
- Its portability
- It does not need an electricity to work, so you can bring it anywhere and enjoy your own ice cream.
- Only fewer parts so less prone to equipment failure or breakdown.
- Good way to reduce calories while turning it so less guilt on eating an ice cream.
- It is very simple to use even kids will enjoy doing it.
Simple steps in making ice cream by hand
- Prep your ice cream churner
- Mix the ingredients
- Assemble the ice cream maker
- Put the ingredients on the churn
- Crank it
- Best part is to eat the ice cream
- Clean the ice cream maker
Want to try the incomparable taste of hank-cranked ice cream, do it on old fashioned way. Keep the tradition alive.
Automatic Ice Cream Maker
Do you know anyone who does not love ice cream? Not a single one I know who does not like ice cream, especially homemade ice cream. It is a yummy treat any time. There are different types of ice cream maker and automatic ice cream maker is one of them. It is one of the most common types of ice cream maker available in the market.
What is an automatic ice cream maker?
It is a device with built in compressor similar to your freezer at home. It allows you to make yummy frozen dessert like, ice cream, sorbet, frozen yogurts and many more. This is ideal type of ice cream maker for the beginners because it
- You no longer need for salt and ice
- You just need to pre-freeze your bowl for twenty four hours before making an ice cream
- Once it is frozen, you can pour your mixture and switched it on and you can make homemade ice cream in less time.
- A lot of manufacturers offer this kind of appliances at very competitive price; you just need to choose which brand.
- You can only make one batch of ice cream unless you have an extra bowl that was pre-freeze as well
- Motor is quite loud.
This is definitely a must have especially during summer times. It is also a good investment and one that most likely makes you appreciate more your homemade ice cream than store-brought ice cream.